We are happy to finally be welcoming golfers at the Minnedosa Golf & Country Club beginning May 4th. The COVID-19 virus has spread across the world and has wreaked havoc on individuals & businesses here in Manitoba. Minnedosa Golf & Country Club recognizes the significance of the impact this virus has and is having in our province and assure you that the well-being of our staff and the general public is our number one priority. For this reason, we are deciding to open our golf course only under the stipulation that all those who come to the golf course are strictly abiding by the rules that we have set in place to protect everyone.
At this time, we are planning on opening the golf course with guidelines in place to combat the spread of COVID-19 in our facility and community. Should the situation change and our governing bodies call for our business to cease operation or we find that it is no longer safe to do so, we will close the doors until we are comfortable to reopen them. This can happen by just one person not abiding by our regulations so we are asking everyone to please honour the guidelines we have set below or we will be forced to ask them to leave our property for the foreseeable future.
We are happy to have golf season back and we want it to stay for as long as possible so please, be smart and be safe!
Expectations from golfers:
- If you have a cough, fever or have been in contact with someone who is not feeling well, stay home. If you have traveled outside of the country or province in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has, stay home. Anyone not abiding by these regulations will be asked to leave and not return for 14 days.
- Tee times will be booked online or over the phone, NO WALK ONS
- Only interact tap payments will be accepted
- Practice Social Distancing, remain 6 feet apart from others at ALL TIMES (parking lot, tee boxes, putting greens, fairways, everywhere)
- Please do not show up prior to 15 minutes before your tee time or stay in your vehicle until 15 minutes before your tee time.
- Golfers are encouraged to bring towels, hand sanitizer and other such items to help keep their high contact areas on their cart, golf balls and clubs clean.
- Walking is encouraged but if you are riding in a golf cart, ensure that your cellphone and personal property remain in your golf bag. Please keep them away from high contact areas of the cart.
- Loitering around the facility without an upcoming tee time is prohibited
Golf Course Operation Under COVID-19 Regulations:
- MGCC will strictly adhere to the guidelines set by local, provincial & federal governments to ensure the health and safety of public and staff
- Signage with information on social distancing, expectations of golfers, and policy changes will be appropriately placed throughout the property
- Increase in cleaning, sanitation and disinfection of all high contact areas. Staff will be properly equipped and educated on the practices we have in place to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available throughout the facility and on the golf course.
- All golf carts will be washed & disinfected prior to and after use. Only ONE PERSON per golf cart is permitted unless they are from the same household. This includes member owned carts as well.
- Pencils and scorecards on rental carts will be fresh and unused. We ask that golfers please take scorecards and pencils with them when they leave or dispose of them themselves along with any garbage they may have on the cart.
- Only two customers will be allowed in the pro shop at a time while exercising social distancing. Floor markings will be laid out to guide individuals
- Tee times will be appropriately separated to reduce the number of people around the first tee and pro shop. We please ask that golfers refrain from waiting in high traffic areas or around others for their tee time and head to the first tee only once the group ahead of them has cleared. Please show up no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your tee time.
- Flag sticks must remain in the hole. Cups will be raised 1” out of the ground . A ball is deemed holed once it hits the hole. Golfers may also implement the COVID-19 rule where all putts within 6 ft is a gimmie! Hello course record!!
- All Bunker rakes & ball washers will be removed
- Washrooms on the course will be CLOSED at this time. A washroom inside the building will be made available, everyone must enter through the main door to the restaurant to access the washroom.
- Stalls are set up on the driving range, golfers must remain in these stalls when hitting balls on the range
- Dining room will be closed, only walk through traffic to our washroom and to pick up orders will be permitted. This traffic will be limited as well.
- Kitchen will be open to take out only with a limited menu until it is safe to fully open the dine in option.
- Golfers may order items from our menu to take on the golf course.
- Only 2 individuals allowed in the restaurant area at one time. Lines will be set on the ground to show proper social distancing when waiting for your order. We will also have barriers set in the building to guide customers through the building without coming in contact with others.
- Beverage cart will be operational during peak times. No cash transactions will be made. There will be an option for credit or debit tap payment or golfers will be permitted to run a tab.
- Golfers must not touch the beverage cart or its products. We ask that they place their order while maintaining proper distancing and the beverage cart staff will deliver their order to their cart.
- Washroom in the building will be open and cleaned regularly. Please use main doors to the clubhouse to access the washroom.
At the moment we are discussing plans to carry on with club tournaments in a safe manner. Men’s & Ladies Night & Senior Men’s League will go on as scheduled without meals following the rounds and conducted by tee times, not a shotgun start. Participants of these leagues are responsible for making their own tee times in groups strictly limited to 4 with the same restrictions as daily play.
Please stay up to date with changes or updates to these policies via our social media channels or via our email blasts. If you wish to sign up for email updates, please send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us
On behalf of the Minnedosa Golf & Country Club, we hope everyone is staying safe, adhering to the health authorities’ recommendations and doing their part to work through this pandemic together!