**UPDATED AS OF JUNE 12TH, 2021**
We are happy to be welcoming golfers at the Minnedosa Golf & Country Club this season with minimal changes to your daily round. The COVID-19 virus has spread across the world and has wreaked havoc on individuals & businesses here in Manitoba. Minnedosa Golf & Country Club recognizes the significance of the impact this virus has and is having in our province and assure you that the well-being of our staff and the general public is our number one priority. For this reason, we are deciding to open our golf course only under the stipulation that all those who come to the golf course are strictly abiding by the rules that we have set in place to protect everyone.
We are happy to have golf season back and we want it to stay for as long as possible so please, be smart and be safe!
Expectations from golfers:
- Masks are required to enter the Pro Shop or Restaurant
- If you have a cough, fever or have been in contact with someone who is not feeling well, stay home. If you have traveled outside of the country in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has, stay home. Anyone not abiding by these regulations will be asked to leave and not return for 14 days.
- Tee times will be booked online or over the phone, NO WALK ONS
- Practice Social Distancing, remain 6 feet apart from others at ALL TIMES (parking lot, tee boxes, putting greens, fairways, everywhere)
- Please do not show up prior to 20 minutes before your tee time or stay in your vehicle until 20 minutes before your tee time.
- Golfers can only ride together if they are from the same household
- Loitering around the facility without an upcoming tee time is prohibited
Golf Course Operation Under COVID-19 Regulations:
- MGCC will strictly adhere to the guidelines set by local, provincial & federal governments to ensure the health and safety of public and staff
- Signage with information on social distancing, expectations of golfers, and policy changes will be appropriately placed throughout the property
- Increase in cleaning, sanitation and disinfection of all high contact areas. Staff will be properly equipped and educated on the practices we have in place to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
- Hand sanitizer will be made available throughout the facility and on the golf course.
- All golf carts will be washed & disinfected prior to and after use.
- Pencils and scorecards on rental carts will be fresh and unused. We ask that golfers please take scorecards and pencils with them when they leave or dispose of them themselves along with any garbage they may have on the cart.
- Maximum of 2 people allowed in the Pro Shop at one time
- Tee times will be appropriately separated to reduce the number of people around the first tee and pro shop. We please ask that golfers refrain from waiting in high traffic areas or around others for their tee time and head to the first tee only once the group ahead of them has cleared. Please show up no earlier than 20 minutes prior to your tee time.
- Flag sticks must remain in the hole. Holes have been outfitted with lifters to pull the ball out of the hole, please do not reach into the hole.
- All Bunker rakes & ball washers have been removed
- Stalls are set up on the driving range, golfers must remain in these stalls when hitting balls on the range
- Dining room is currently CLOSED. Take out options are available by calling 204-867-3151.
- Beverage cart will be operational during peak times. Golfers must not touch the beverage cart or its products. We ask that they place their order while maintaining proper distancing and the beverage cart staff will deliver their order to their cart.
All of our club tournaments are a go and will be conducted via tee time rather than shotgun starts until it is deemed safe to do otherwise. Men’s & Ladies Night & Senior Men’s League will go on as scheduled with to go meals following the rounds and conducted by tee times, not a shotgun start. Participants of these leagues are responsible for making their own tee times in groups strictly limited to 5 with the same restrictions as daily play.
Please stay up to date with changes or updates to these policies via our social media channels or via our email blasts. If you wish to sign up for email updates, please send your email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us
On behalf of the Minnedosa Golf & Country Club, we hope everyone is staying safe, adhering to the health authorities’ recommendations and doing their part to work through this pandemic together!